Monoprix is a city store that has grown both in terms of the diversity of its products and its turnover. Today you can find everything at Monoprix, you can do your weekly shopping, choose a new pair of shoes, find a good book, and renew your bedding ...
How was the Monoprix brand born?
Founded in 1932 in France, just after the crisis of the 1930s, Monoprix surfed on the wave of low-cost stores of the time. Challenges magazine described Monoprix stores as the brand for "urban bobos". Monoprix has indeed managed to reconnect with the desire of city dwellers to have local stores and has positioned itself on quality, choice, service as well as on the innovation of its private label and textile brand. Today, Monoprix belongs to the Casino group and has a total turnover of 4.2 billion euros in 2017.
The Monoprix range of duvet covers
Monoprix offers two collections of bed linen, Monoprix maison and Origin France.
Material of Monoprix duvet covers
Monoprix duvet covers are available in two materials: 100% linen and 100% cotton.
Sizes and prices of Monoprix duvet covers
At Monoprix, duvet covers are available in different sizes 140x190, 140x200, 240x200, 240x220, 240x260, each duvet cover is available in one or two sizes, but not every pattern or colour is available in every size. Prices at Monoprix range from a cheap duvet cover to 10€, for a set including a pillowcase and a duvet cover in 140x190. Up to 149.99€ for a duvet cover in 100% washed linen.
Monoprix and the environment
In the 1990s, Monoprix was the first generalist store to include products from organic farming, creating specific brands: Monoprix Vert and Monoprix Bio.
Since then, Monoprix has been involved in an environmental approach that aims to implement concrete measures in the design of its stores, in the transport of goods, in the management of its energy consumption and in raising the awareness of its employees to sustainable practices.
- Monoprix's progress in favour of the environment is listed on their website:
- They have reduced their CO2 emissions by 23% between 2008 and 2018.
- Monoprix stores have emitted -44% of CO2 linked to food cold between 2011 and 2014
- They have consumed -10% of energy between 2011 and 2014
- At Monoprix, 90% of the goods of great import are transported by sea
Choosing between a Monoprix duvet cover and a La Chambre Paris duvet cover
- Some products are at very low prices
- Branches in all major cities
- Trendy designs
The pluses La Chambre Paris:
- High quality, durable materials
- The guarantee of ethical manufacturing
- Environmentally friendly manufacturing, from the cultivation of the materials to the weaving
- The closure of our duvet covers melts away with buttons
Buying your bed linen at Monoprix is sometimes like skipping quality for the sake of a better price. However, Monoprix duvet covers are available in trendy colours and patterns, at prices that sometimes defy all competition.